Avast Free AntiVirus 2017 for Mac
A product of Avast, Avast Free AntiVirus 2017 for Mac is an antivirus application that ensures system protection against new virus threats like Trojans, malware, etc. operating through shields, detailed scans of local drives, and Web protection clients that directly integrate to the web browsers you use. The Web and Mail Shields scan through the data downloaded from the internet whereas the File Shield scans through all program files in the resident computer. All shields and clients operate through an upgraded user interface that promotes the efficiency of operation.
Formerly available as Avast Security on Windows and Mac, the application has updated monitoring features like Smart Scan that monitors the system consistently for any vulnerabilities in software. Two other well-known applications within the antivirus package software are CyberCapture and SafeZone Browser. Both of which block pop-up ads and other malicious services while surfing the internet.
The complete software package occupies very little space as most of its sections are integrated with cloud storage. The application is henceforth, faster and more reliable when compared to its other iterations. The package is the first Avast Security package available to Mac OS with a Minimalistic design while not compromising on the plethora of features offered. The complete makeover, a striking feature of the 2017 edition, features abstract art for the home screen along with the details of the latest security status report. There are icons on a toolbar that animate on hovering.
Key Features Of Avast Free AntiVirus 2017 for Mac
- Smooth and light on memory antivirus application
- Minimalistic Sleek Design of user interface that promotes ease of use
- Clean undetected junk files using CyberCapture technology
- Optimization for decreasing Computer Boot Up speeds
- Antispam modules
- Bank Mode in SafeZone browser secures all form of data
- Double security mode which activates Windows Firewall when Avast Firewall is turned off
- Statistics page that delivers accurate information of past scans
Main Pros and Cons
- With a modern Minimalistic design, the application is user-friendly. The simple user interface has slide through menus and five primary buttons.
- An updated security algorithm ensures complete protection for the user. The program, now updated, scans your system for any significant problems and bugs, often a result of Trojan virus threats. Detailed scans specific to storage drives like C: drive, D:drive, can also be carried out to restrict new threats.
- The detailed system scans are very slow. As a complete system scan analyzes all local storage drives including other system files, the scans are slower and consume a considerable amount of time. The application’s average scan time is relatively higher when compared to other software.
- An inaccurate progress bar tracks the progress of a scan. It is misleading and irritates the users.
Most Common Users: As Avast operates in the background, it would not interrupt in the regular working of the system. Professionals, Students, Business people will find this features among others extremely useful and ideal for their use.
Author Note: Avast Security for Mac
Avast Security for Mac is an excellent Antivirus application that offers premium features in System Protection while operating with a transparent, easy to use graphical user interface.