Microsoft once had a free browser, Internet Explorer for Macintosh. It was designed specifically to operate on Mac computers. Unfortunately, Microsoft relinquished support for the browser on December 31st, 2005. While Microsoft no longer supports the browser, you can still download it and use it on your Mac. Internet Explorer Mac is the most far and wide used World Wide Web browser. It is packaged with the Microsoft Windows operating system and can also be downloaded from Microsoft’s Web site. It provides users with a lot of the features of contending browsers, such support for cascading style sheets, the promise of increased security against malware, tabbed browsing, RSS feeds. It competes against browsers including Mosaic, Firefox, Opera and Apple Computer’s Safari.
There have been several versions of the web browser over the years. The most recent version is Internet Explorer 5.2.3. This current version has been revamped and comes with a plethora of new and updated features. Some features from previous versions have also been removed. The web browser’s performance is greatly enhanced as an effect of speed improvements. Internet Explorer 5.2.3 Mac also utilizes less memory with numerous tabs open than current versions of Firefox and Chrome.
Key Features OF Internet Explorer Mac Latest
- Internet Explorer is more standards-compliant and faster than ever.
- There is minimum interface.
- It has outstanding privacy and security.
- The most recent version of the web browser comes with enhanced performance due to its improvement in speed.
- It gives much quicker page loading.
- There is support for WebGL, which is an open-graphics set that can provide 3D graphics inside web browsers.
- There is support for new web standards.
- Internet Explorer mac 5.2.3 now has support for live chat.
- Apps now play better with web pages. Users can open apps in a smaller browser window and can put two apps side by side in Snap mode. In previous versions, users could only do one thing at a time.
- Infinite Tabs is now allowed, and the browsing experience will not be slowed down.
- There is support for Multi-Window Browsing.
- There have been improvements to the Favorites Center- Users can remain in the new user interface and edit bookmarks. There is also the opportunity to give each bookmark a personalized image so that it’s immediately identifiable when you call up the list.
To download Internet Explorer 5.2.3, your PC must have a few minimum requirements.
- A Windows RT 8.1 or Windows 8.1 PC
- 1 GHz or faster processor with support for SSE2, PAE, and NX
- At least 1 GB of RAM for 32 bit or 2 GB for 64 bit
- Hard disk space of 16 GB for 32 bit or 20 GB for 64-bit
- Graphics card of Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
- Internet access
Author Note: Although Internet Explorer Mac is no longer supported by Mac, it can still be downloaded and used by regular Mac users. The latest version offers much-improved performance and features that will make the user experience awesome, and you will hardly have anything to complain about.