Microsoft Excel 2017 for Mac is the latest version of the most popular spreadsheet editor application on the market specifically designed for Apple consumers. Within the Microsoft Office 2017 Suite along with Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook, it is currently the best version compared to its predecessors. Macintosh system-exclusive features such as Retina displays, multi-touch gesture functions and commands, a command ribbon and excellent OneDrive integrated support are also featured throughout the whole suite, including Microsoft Excel 2017. OneDrive integration provides improved sharing capabilities. Spreadsheets uploaded to OneDrive can be shared with different team members via easily-generated links to the spreadsheets to be worked upon.
Microsoft Excel 2017 for Mac is a cleaned up version of its predecessors. Its significantly neater interface and appearance make it relatively easier to use and its functions to navigate. The application eliminates the Standard toolbar along with the Formatting Toolbar in the interface, freeing space in the user screen. The application also allows for a wider array of more creative ways to visualize information using the provided data and numbers. This enables information to be represented in better planes and also be understood better by the users. Microsoft Excel 2017 intelligently suggests and recommends suitable chart and graph styles to better represent the intended message across the platform. Retention of keyboard shortcuts from previous versions makes Microsoft Excel 2017 for Mac easy to control for users and fans of the former releases.
Key Features Of Microsoft Excel 2017 Mac Full Version
- Neat user-intuitive interface
- Working space improvement due to removal of Standard and Formatting Toolbars
- Integration of task pane to provide needed options and tools
- OneDrive improved sharing support for working with team members across networks
- Smart Lookup feature allows easy access to information regarding highlighted words through supported search engines
- Introduction of new Slicer Tool for Pivot Table optimization
- Re-integration of the Analysis Toolpak add-on for use in engineering and statistical analysis and computations
- Create better representations with new recommended charts
Main Pros and Cons
- Improved overall software performance along with integration of Mac-specific features
- Cloud-based spreadsheet and data sharing enhance productivity of teams across networks
- Clean-looking user interfaces with familiar features
- Weakened support for Macro is a big con for Microsoft Excel power users. Users are only allowed to create, edit and record macros, removing functions like inserting complex procedures.
- Keyboard and menu customizations are also removed.
- Overall features are only the same as that of Microsoft Excel 2013 for Windows.
Most Common Users:
Mac users would be the main consumers of this application. Microsoft Excel 2017 for Mac is still the best spreadsheet editing software in the Apple Market.
Microsoft Excel 2017 for Mac is not for Excel power users. If you prefer to have Macro support for your procedures and tasks and require customized settings and commands for you to work efficiently, you might want to avoid this one and stick to the Windows version instead. But if you aren’t, this is still the better choice for similar applications on the platform.